Steph's Life

Hi, I'm Steph and I wanted a blog so I could journal my life. I haven't done that in about 8 years, so I really need to get busy. Comment on my stuff. Enjoy.

10/04/2006

Moving Fun


I was on pure adrenaline last night, I swear. I went home and took out the garbage and recycle to the curb, laid some stepping stones in my yard with sand and potting soil underneath. Then I did the dishes and folded the laundry that David had done. While I was doing all that I ate Chinese food and listened to Saturday morning's conference talks from the internet. AWESOME!!!! I'm giving the lesson in RS on Sunday about proxy temple work and have been wondering what else I can say. The first 3 talks in conference mentioned that subject! I almost cried it was so cool. I especially loved the talk from the Moscow, ID bishop about new members of the church being chosen people. That was sooooo good.
So I hung pictures in my sewing area and organized my thread spools which had been dumped in a box when we moved. I hung my thread rack on the wall, although I'm not sure how stable it is. I'll have to admit to David that I put a bunch of practice holes in the wall and need him to make my thread rack not fall down. He's a genius at fixing stuff.
I hung pictures in the kitchen and pictures in the down stairs bathroom. Its pretty funny to walk down stairs in to "Man Space Land" and then go into the bathroom with girly everything inside. ha ha He came down stairs to check out what I was doing and then took over the screwing and molly bolts and measuring and other stuff he's so good at. I ironed the curtain and held tools for him. We were a good team.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:30 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Holy Cow! what a night to get things done. there is a quote i love that fits almost everything and it fits your topic for sunday. it's by pres. kimball: God does love us, and he does notice us, but it is usually through another person that he meets our needs." He has us work to help others so that we grow. anywho, just my thought for the day.

     
  • At 12:31 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    that is so funny about your 'practice' holes. everytime i have to put up something with more than one nail i am cursing the inability i have to buy one of those lazer balance things.

     
  • At 2:01 PM , Blogger cazmom said...

    I do it the old fashioned way of using a little level "watch the bubble". I ended up spackling a few holes I made with molly bolts - not a small task.

    Thank you for the quote!! I will use it. I should ask my sisters to help me EVERY TIME I do the lesson in RS - because they are so wise!

     
  • At 2:10 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    You know, that is why i'm so peeved that i have the 1st sharing time of the month - then i can't get any ideas from my sisters who are in primary about what their ward did. niiiice.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home