63 Random Things About Me
I started this a few months ago and its been sitting in my 'drafts' file. I'm tired of looking at it so I decided to just send it. Here ya go:
1. My favorite color is bright yellow-orange in dishes, paintings, cars, and paper.
2. My favorite thing to wear is whatever I feel most comfortable/confident in at the time.
3. Growing up my sister, Rebecca, always teased me about having elf ears. She would act like she was pricking her finger on the tip of one and say "ouch! ouch!". Ever since I told David about that, he does it to my pointy nose.
4. I love working out but only have an hour and 15 minutes at work to do it on my lunch break. Better than nothing.
5. I have broken both arms, a rib and 2 fingers. One finger is still crooked and one is still healing from last summer's accident.
6. I've been a legal assistant since 1991.
7. My dad called me Sunshine Girl when I was little, much to the chagrin of my sisters. I don't think he'd pick that name for me these days.
8. I got married when I was 19, had Caslon when I was 22, divorced when I was 27 and remarried the same year.
9. My sisters are my best (girl)friends.
10. My husband is my best (boy)friend.
11. I love the tv shows Amazing Race, Survivor, House, Grey's Anatomy, America's Funniest Videos, Ellen DeGeneres Show, Driving Force, ER, America's Next Top Model, American Idol, Dancing With The Stars, So You Think You Can Dance, LOST.
12. I love reading books but don't take time to do it. I catch about 40 minutes a day in the vanpool.
13. I love bubble baths and using smelly good scrubs and lotions.
14. I have never owned my own home. Although we are currently living in one we'd love to buy.
15. I took 8 years of piano lessons but still can't play without music. I need theory work.
16. The best time is when I get to laugh with people.
17. I hate rap music, but I love most others, including classical (thanks Dad!).
18. I wish I could sing solos in church, and sound good.
19. I want to make more of a difference in my job/life. I'd like to volunteer more and help people.
20. I would love to have an awesome dog (well-trained), but one that doesn't poop or bark or shed or toot. I also love cats.
21. I am a horrible housekeeper but my daughter and husband keep me motivated and I'm glad when its clean.
22. I love reading books because I'd like life to be as good as the good parts in the story.
23. I don't understand how women can look so nice at church and then forget themselves the whole rest of the week. I love wearing makeup.
24. I have an anger/depression problem so I have to take a drug. I think growing up has helped it a lot though, at least the anger part.
25. One of the most daring things I've ever done was go white water rafting, on the family course.
26. I love taking pictures and am so mad when my digital camera fails to do what I want.
27. I went skiing one time in my life. After falling 10 times and hitting my head, skiing over a small sink-hole and fogging up my goggles with my hot tear-streaked face, I called it a day.
28. Its hard for me to watch tv or movies without wondering what its like for actors to act. I can't imagine standing in front a camera and crew and crying or screaming or kissing or other things I'd be embarrassed about.
29. I've been told I'm a good listener.
30. I love watching tv but it doesn't feel very satisfying compared to hard work.
31. I want to grow my hair out to its original color but I'm too afraid of looking plain like I used to.
32. I wish I had a baby.
33. I wish I hadn't been so involved with boys, starting at age 14.
34. I've looked really tired and puffy-eyed the last year. I don't know what to do about it.
35. I hate shellfish because of the texture and sand that gets in it. And because my dad's allergic to it.
36. I love chocolate, but not chocolates. Hershey's is my fave. The best I've ever tasted was a big chunky chocolate bar with lots of crunchy almonds in it. I've never found them again.
37. I'm very hard to motivate, especially at work (niiiiice) and at home to cook or clean.
38. I love living in Seattle, especially when the sun is out.
39. I wish my two out-of-town sisters lived here. I miss them and their kids/husbands.
40. Despite having a lot of responsibilities at work, I am a horrible procrastinator and hope no one notices.
41. I am so thankful for my job.
42. I can't sit still without falling asleep or fidgeting nonstop.
43. I dream graphic technicolor dreams every night (thank you drug).
44. One of my best memories from home is after church falling asleep on the living room floor in the sun.
45. I never thought my mom was pretty until after I grew up and started looking at her pictures again.
46. I hope I can do one little thing for everyone I know to make them feel liked.
47. Caslon was born 5 weeks early because I had Toxemia. I don't know what Nesting feels like.
48. I remember after my mom died, Rebecca and I were on the school bus and started crying. Kids started looking at me and Rebecca turned to me and said "Are you crying?" and I made up some excuse about the sun being in my eyes, making them water.
49. The 'one words' that came back to me about myself were: sunshine (2 times), warm hearted, true, thoughtful, sweet. awe shucks.
50. I've seen Harry Connick, Jr. 3 times in concert.
51. I've traveled to Alaska, Utah, Oregon, Idaho, California, North Carolina, Florida, Canada and Mexico.
52. I wish I could work with 6-8 year olds every day, helping them read.
53. People always get my name mixed up with Jennifer. Must be the 3 syllables.
54. I wish my skin color wasn't so fish-belly white.
55. I religeously get a mammogram every year because I want to catch the cancer when it comes.
56. I love most desserts that are warm, from the bakery, chocolatey and gooey. Or a hot fudge sundae.
57. I've been very blessed with clear skin.
58. I think its so macho when I see David at work in his excavator.
59. David has the most handsome hands I've ever seen.
60. I love board games: Pictionary, Scattegories, OutBurst, Taboo.
61. By the time I was 27, I had worked 11 different jobs.
62. When I'm in an elevator or walking down the hall with someone, I don't have to fill up the silence with talk. I don't mind silence.
63. In theater class in highschool I had to pretend to be in labor on stage. A guy in my class had to pretend to be my labor coach and kept looking under the blanket to see if the baby was coming.
1. My favorite color is bright yellow-orange in dishes, paintings, cars, and paper.
2. My favorite thing to wear is whatever I feel most comfortable/confident in at the time.
3. Growing up my sister, Rebecca, always teased me about having elf ears. She would act like she was pricking her finger on the tip of one and say "ouch! ouch!". Ever since I told David about that, he does it to my pointy nose.
4. I love working out but only have an hour and 15 minutes at work to do it on my lunch break. Better than nothing.
5. I have broken both arms, a rib and 2 fingers. One finger is still crooked and one is still healing from last summer's accident.
6. I've been a legal assistant since 1991.
7. My dad called me Sunshine Girl when I was little, much to the chagrin of my sisters. I don't think he'd pick that name for me these days.
8. I got married when I was 19, had Caslon when I was 22, divorced when I was 27 and remarried the same year.
9. My sisters are my best (girl)friends.
10. My husband is my best (boy)friend.
11. I love the tv shows Amazing Race, Survivor, House, Grey's Anatomy, America's Funniest Videos, Ellen DeGeneres Show, Driving Force, ER, America's Next Top Model, American Idol, Dancing With The Stars, So You Think You Can Dance, LOST.
12. I love reading books but don't take time to do it. I catch about 40 minutes a day in the vanpool.
13. I love bubble baths and using smelly good scrubs and lotions.
14. I have never owned my own home. Although we are currently living in one we'd love to buy.
15. I took 8 years of piano lessons but still can't play without music. I need theory work.
16. The best time is when I get to laugh with people.
17. I hate rap music, but I love most others, including classical (thanks Dad!).
18. I wish I could sing solos in church, and sound good.
19. I want to make more of a difference in my job/life. I'd like to volunteer more and help people.
20. I would love to have an awesome dog (well-trained), but one that doesn't poop or bark or shed or toot. I also love cats.
21. I am a horrible housekeeper but my daughter and husband keep me motivated and I'm glad when its clean.
22. I love reading books because I'd like life to be as good as the good parts in the story.
23. I don't understand how women can look so nice at church and then forget themselves the whole rest of the week. I love wearing makeup.
24. I have an anger/depression problem so I have to take a drug. I think growing up has helped it a lot though, at least the anger part.
25. One of the most daring things I've ever done was go white water rafting, on the family course.
26. I love taking pictures and am so mad when my digital camera fails to do what I want.
27. I went skiing one time in my life. After falling 10 times and hitting my head, skiing over a small sink-hole and fogging up my goggles with my hot tear-streaked face, I called it a day.
28. Its hard for me to watch tv or movies without wondering what its like for actors to act. I can't imagine standing in front a camera and crew and crying or screaming or kissing or other things I'd be embarrassed about.
29. I've been told I'm a good listener.
30. I love watching tv but it doesn't feel very satisfying compared to hard work.
31. I want to grow my hair out to its original color but I'm too afraid of looking plain like I used to.
32. I wish I had a baby.
33. I wish I hadn't been so involved with boys, starting at age 14.
34. I've looked really tired and puffy-eyed the last year. I don't know what to do about it.
35. I hate shellfish because of the texture and sand that gets in it. And because my dad's allergic to it.
36. I love chocolate, but not chocolates. Hershey's is my fave. The best I've ever tasted was a big chunky chocolate bar with lots of crunchy almonds in it. I've never found them again.
37. I'm very hard to motivate, especially at work (niiiiice) and at home to cook or clean.
38. I love living in Seattle, especially when the sun is out.
39. I wish my two out-of-town sisters lived here. I miss them and their kids/husbands.
40. Despite having a lot of responsibilities at work, I am a horrible procrastinator and hope no one notices.
41. I am so thankful for my job.
42. I can't sit still without falling asleep or fidgeting nonstop.
43. I dream graphic technicolor dreams every night (thank you drug).
44. One of my best memories from home is after church falling asleep on the living room floor in the sun.
45. I never thought my mom was pretty until after I grew up and started looking at her pictures again.
46. I hope I can do one little thing for everyone I know to make them feel liked.
47. Caslon was born 5 weeks early because I had Toxemia. I don't know what Nesting feels like.
48. I remember after my mom died, Rebecca and I were on the school bus and started crying. Kids started looking at me and Rebecca turned to me and said "Are you crying?" and I made up some excuse about the sun being in my eyes, making them water.
49. The 'one words' that came back to me about myself were: sunshine (2 times), warm hearted, true, thoughtful, sweet. awe shucks.
50. I've seen Harry Connick, Jr. 3 times in concert.
51. I've traveled to Alaska, Utah, Oregon, Idaho, California, North Carolina, Florida, Canada and Mexico.
52. I wish I could work with 6-8 year olds every day, helping them read.
53. People always get my name mixed up with Jennifer. Must be the 3 syllables.
54. I wish my skin color wasn't so fish-belly white.
55. I religeously get a mammogram every year because I want to catch the cancer when it comes.
56. I love most desserts that are warm, from the bakery, chocolatey and gooey. Or a hot fudge sundae.
57. I've been very blessed with clear skin.
58. I think its so macho when I see David at work in his excavator.
59. David has the most handsome hands I've ever seen.
60. I love board games: Pictionary, Scattegories, OutBurst, Taboo.
61. By the time I was 27, I had worked 11 different jobs.
62. When I'm in an elevator or walking down the hall with someone, I don't have to fill up the silence with talk. I don't mind silence.
63. In theater class in highschool I had to pretend to be in labor on stage. A guy in my class had to pretend to be my labor coach and kept looking under the blanket to see if the baby was coming.


3 Comments:
At 4:15 PM ,
dandee said...
That is a fun list and I love that you stopped at 63. I'm not sure I could even get that far.
At 12:45 PM ,
Unknown said...
steph i loved this list. i too would LOVE to see what you would look like with your natural hair color. you would NEVER look drab! and i think you need to just start getting books on tape and listen to them at work (is that allowed? - probably not since you are supposed to be listening to your boss, right?) i too wish we lived in seattle, sniff sniff. abe brought up snohomish the other day. what!!!!????? the heck???? snohomish? he says it's boomed since i've been there last. uh well....anyway, wish i lived anywhere there. i love the part about david being manly in his excavator. :)
At 10:38 AM ,
cazmom said...
Thanks gals. Snohomish is the new Redmond, didn't you hear? Monroe is nice, too.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home