Steph's Life

Hi, I'm Steph and I wanted a blog so I could journal my life. I haven't done that in about 8 years, so I really need to get busy. Comment on my stuff. Enjoy.

4/11/2007

HAPPY, HAPPY DAY PART 2

So, to continue my Happy Post... Easter Sunday morning came really early - I woke up around 7:00 and reviewed my lesson. I got ready for church and woke Caslon up. I went to choir practice at 9:00. Yes, I'm singing in the choir. No, I'm not good or up to par with the other lovely-voiced singers. But I can usually keep a tune and can add some volume to the rest of the group. Its been fun so far. During practice, we only had about 10 minutes until we were done and one of the bishopric counsellors come in to the room and asked to talk to me. He said Caslon called and need me to call her at home. I got to the phone and while I was dialing, I listened to her voice mail message on my cell phone that had been turned off. She was hysterically crying and saying that David had hurt himself in the shop and I needed to come home right away. When she got on the phone and I actually talked to her she had calmed down a little bit but couldn't tell me what had happened. I drove home as fast as I could. Luckily we live about 5 blocks from the church.

When I walked in the door I found David laying in the bathtub filled with water. He looked fine to me, except he was in excruciating pain. He pointed to his foot and I saw that his big toe had been smashed and the nail was black and blue, with blood dripping from it. What happened was, he was in his shop downstairs and was using a shear where you stood on a steel step which caused a blade to come down and cut metal. His left foot was underneath the step when he dropped all his weight on the step with his right foot, crushing his left toe. He hopped over to the downstairs bathroom where Caslon was doing her hair and he started yelling in pain. Somehow he got himself upstairs and into the bathtub to keep the blood off the floors, and to be able to elevate his foot. I found some Tylenol with codeine and gave him some for the pain. I got him into bed and cleaned up his foot. Caz and I then had to leave for church. His toe is healing well and he was able to drive on Tuesday. He apologized to Caslon for freaking her out, and thanked her for helping him so much. He also apologized to me for not going to church that day on Easter to hear me sing in the choir, like he had planned to.

Heather, Chelsie and Luke came to our ward and sat with Caslon while I sang in the choir. I have no idea how we sounded because I was concentrating so hard on hitting the high notes that I didn't listen. My lesson went well in Relief Society. My ward is great at giving comments and sharing stories, so it makes it easier to teach the lesson. I'm glad Heather was there!

After church Caslon and I went home and took care of David, making sure he was set for the evening. We left for Rebecca's house for Easter dinner of soups and bread, and an Easter egg hunt. We got to see a video of Rebecca's family on their latest ski day together. It looked so much fun! It was great being there and seeing my family.

Monday at work I really missed David and Caslon. Sometimes we have such a good weekend that I don't want to go to work or be away from them. Monday night we made quiche for dinner and watched some of the talks from conference. That was a great way to spend Family Night. I really appreciated Caslon and David being willing to spend time doing that with me.

So, I think that sums up my awesome weekend (excluding the not-so-awesome toe smashing part).

1 Comments:

  • At 9:24 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    i hope his toe nail doesn't fall off. that is one of the more nasty things i can imagine happening. not sure why that ranks so high in my book as gross but it does. heather said your lesson was great - way to go. sniff sniff that i wasn't there for the party. glad everyone had fun. thanks for the new posts! i do check yours a few times a week 'just in case'. :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home