HAPPY, HAPPY DAY! PART I
Wow, haven't blogged in a month. I don't blame you for not checking my site anymore. I'm kinda lame. I'm even too lazy to change the color of my font! I wanted to share some happy things that I've had happen this weekend.
Friday was a day off of work (that's enough to make ANYONE happy). The best part was the weather was 75 degrees! There's nothing better in Seattle than when its sunny and warm. I woke up late and then David and I went out to breakfast at the Brown Bag Cafe. They give you so much food we had leftovers for the day after. They make homemade bread and huge cinnamon rolls to die for, but not as good as Noelle's or Rebecca's. We went up to the junior high to fly David's remote control airplane. It was pretty windy up there and on the first flight, it landed about 30 feet up in a tree. Luckily, a nice neighbor was watching and gave us a long pole and some twine (we were so MacGyver that day) and we coaxed it out of the tree. David tried it one more time, and it crashed to the grass, then he practiced taxiing it around the lot and then we went home after that.
I worked in the yard for 5 hours that day! I totally took advantage of the sun by wearing a tank top and short shorts! I WAS sweating and dirty, so I thought it was ok not to wear my garments anyway. I pulled weeds, picked up leftovers from the December wind storm (sticks and leaves), picked more dandelions, raked and pulled vines and overgrown groundcover, and even did a couple chops with an ax on some branches before David came and saved me from cutting off my foot.. or worse. It turns out he's an excellent lumberjack. Something else I'm amazed at with him.
We took a lunch break and then decided a nap sounded good. It was the best feeling to be able to say "I want to take a nap" and be able to go in our room and do just that. No bosses, no deadlines, nothing else to do. I need more days like that.
That night I went to get my nails done. After 5 years of attempting to grow them out and biting and chewing them, I had acrylics put on again. When I got home, David had the grill heated up for steaks and had made cheese fondue. We had a memorial dinner for his Aunt Mary who passed away last month.
On Saturday we slept in again and then Caz came home from Brian's house. She had been gone all week for Spring Break. We did a little cleaning around the house and then she and I took off for the grocery store. That night we watched The Prestige with Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman. Really good story. Then I worked on my lesson for Relief Society the next day.
Friday was a day off of work (that's enough to make ANYONE happy). The best part was the weather was 75 degrees! There's nothing better in Seattle than when its sunny and warm. I woke up late and then David and I went out to breakfast at the Brown Bag Cafe. They give you so much food we had leftovers for the day after. They make homemade bread and huge cinnamon rolls to die for, but not as good as Noelle's or Rebecca's. We went up to the junior high to fly David's remote control airplane. It was pretty windy up there and on the first flight, it landed about 30 feet up in a tree. Luckily, a nice neighbor was watching and gave us a long pole and some twine (we were so MacGyver that day) and we coaxed it out of the tree. David tried it one more time, and it crashed to the grass, then he practiced taxiing it around the lot and then we went home after that.
I worked in the yard for 5 hours that day! I totally took advantage of the sun by wearing a tank top and short shorts! I WAS sweating and dirty, so I thought it was ok not to wear my garments anyway. I pulled weeds, picked up leftovers from the December wind storm (sticks and leaves), picked more dandelions, raked and pulled vines and overgrown groundcover, and even did a couple chops with an ax on some branches before David came and saved me from cutting off my foot.. or worse. It turns out he's an excellent lumberjack. Something else I'm amazed at with him.
We took a lunch break and then decided a nap sounded good. It was the best feeling to be able to say "I want to take a nap" and be able to go in our room and do just that. No bosses, no deadlines, nothing else to do. I need more days like that.
That night I went to get my nails done. After 5 years of attempting to grow them out and biting and chewing them, I had acrylics put on again. When I got home, David had the grill heated up for steaks and had made cheese fondue. We had a memorial dinner for his Aunt Mary who passed away last month.
On Saturday we slept in again and then Caz came home from Brian's house. She had been gone all week for Spring Break. We did a little cleaning around the house and then she and I took off for the grocery store. That night we watched The Prestige with Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman. Really good story. Then I worked on my lesson for Relief Society the next day.


2 Comments:
At 9:21 PM ,
Unknown said...
sounds like an amazing day. no deadlines or bosses? out side in the sun? aaaahhh. i'm living through you right now.
At 10:37 PM ,
Michelle said...
What a great weekend! I miss the Brown Bag Cafe. That place has incredible food & huge servings! I have never seen The Prestige, but now that I know Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman are in it I'm renting it tomorrow! Hugh Jackman is hot!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home