Down in the Dumps
Ok, I know I've been sooo lame at blogging but I just haven't had time to do it. I'm really trying to stay focused at work and get everything done in a "timely manner". But the last few weeks I've been kinda down and its been bugging me, not to mention David and Caz. I mean, I had Karen Jr. and Bec over to scrap and I wasn't even that excited about it. Such a lame hostess. That's not like me - I usually LOVE haveing people over. And I haven't been acting that nice to David and Caz and they are basically sick of me. I tend to start feeling numb to things and it shows in everything around me, home, work, church. It scares me to think I'll have to increase my meds and I can't stand that thought. I won't just try to make it better by doing that. I need to work on myself and hopefully get through the times it happens. Last month it started with PMS and then it drug on for another 2 weeks. That's practically a whole month.
My sweet husband sat us all down last night for a family meeting. He was very nice and patient about telling me how hard it is on us all when I'm a rag (my word). Basically, he doesn't want to deal with me when I'm snotty and sarcastic, so he's going to keep his distance when I'm in that mood. I think that really helped. I mean, I felt so good after that because we were able to sit there and talk about what's been going on with each of us. I'm lucky to have a husband who cares about that and wants to have a happy family.
My sweet husband sat us all down last night for a family meeting. He was very nice and patient about telling me how hard it is on us all when I'm a rag (my word). Basically, he doesn't want to deal with me when I'm snotty and sarcastic, so he's going to keep his distance when I'm in that mood. I think that really helped. I mean, I felt so good after that because we were able to sit there and talk about what's been going on with each of us. I'm lucky to have a husband who cares about that and wants to have a happy family.


4 Comments:
At 7:16 PM ,
Unknown said...
i hate it when i'm 'numb'. i hate it when everyone else gets annoyed that i'm annoyed. i'm glad you were open to the meeting. sorry about the down time. i hope you are able to find a way out of the hole. love you.
At 12:09 PM ,
cazmom said...
I did, and we've kept talking and its helped a lot. We had a half bad/half good 3 day weekend. It ended up on the good side, and it was on Sunday! Love that.
At 7:08 PM ,
LuckyRedHen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
At 7:08 PM ,
LuckyRedHen said...
I do the SAME thing! Tried some meds last year and they seemed to help then I got off and was okay for a while but I think it's kicking back up again. Wonder if it's a "seasonal" thing. I'm also going to start a diet and get my body more in order to help out and avoid the meds. Nice that David felt safe to discuss it with you.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home